Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ten Months...

My Dearest One,

You are TEN months old! Mashallah, habeebi. You have gotten so big. You have outgrown most of your clothes, for one. Another major development is that you, all of a sudden, decided that you want to start crawling! The walker we got, is still being used quite a bit. But you are enjoying spending time on the carpet, surrounded by toys. You throw the toys around and chase after them. You are getting into everything even more now.

You also have scheduled playdates now. Every Tuesday, we have Auntie Nadra, Malak and Ahmad over. Every Thursday, we have Auntie Karen, TJ and Jason. This coming Wednesday, Alana, Alana's friend Ricki-Lee and her daughter Abby, are coming over for a playdate. We have a running joke, that you and Abby are special friends. You seem to enjoy playing with older kids though. I think you are more grown up than we realize. You certainly act like it sometimes. It is more apparent when Rachel is here. You love playing with her and spending time with her. She spent her March break week with us, and we had a great time. We were home bound because of a major storm. But we tried to have some fun with it. We got dressed in our winter gear and put you in the sled. We attempted to take you out for a walk, but we made it to the end of our parking spot, and had to turn around. We had four feet of snow!

You are getting very saucy, too. When you don't get your way, you shriek. You start screaming bloody murder, or you clench your fists and shake your face and arms. I probably should not be laughing when you do this, but sometimes I can't help it. It is just too cute. You are babbling like crazy. Baba is a constant. Mama is said sometimes. There are other syllables that you say every day, but you seem to come up with them on the spot. And it is funny because you come up with a lot of stuff, when I am sternly speaking to you. You seem to be arguing your case with me.

We are still trying to call Tete and Jiddo everyday. They LOVE you so very much. Also, your khalo still tries to come over every Sunday. He is absolutely enamoured by you. Everyone is. You are getting a big head, I am sure. You can be bad at times. Like I said you are getting into everything. We have to discipline you at times. I think you are learning. You have a suspicious look about you when you are doing something that you know is wrong. You certainly act guilty. It is very precious. I hope you keep your innocence for as long as possible.

The world has some bad, as can be seen on the news every day. But it has lots of good, too. Please be the good that this world needs more of. I am not asking you to be perfect. I am just asking that you try to be as good as you can be. Have God in your heart, and inshallah you will always be guided towards the right path. This advise is not perfected by any one, myself and your baba included. We are all trying to find our way in this life. No one is perfect, so no one is expecting you to be. Parents, however, want the best for their kids, simply because they love them so much. They don't want them to repeat the same mistakes they made, because they don't want them to feel anything negative. It is silly, I know. But it can not be helped, parents just love their kids that much. The saying "Do as I say, not as I do", is kind of applicable here. The advise we give you, is from experience. So, we had to have the mistakes we are telling you not to make.

I love you with all my heart. We all do. May Allah be with you always and forever. You have so much goodness in you, I can tell. I hope and pray that you follow through with it, and not let some people's ugliness, misguide it.






P.S. Those girls, your sisters, are beautiful inside and out and we are all very lucky to have them in our lives, as daughters and sisters. God bless all three of you and always guide you all




I love you with all my heart, my darling. Do not ever forget that. Everything your baba and I do, we do for you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment